Cameron King is a bilingual radio programmer and digital strategist. Born and raised in Houston, Tx, she has developed an affinity for the Spanish language throughout her travels to places such as Spain and Costa Rica. After obtaining her Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations and Spanish at the University of Texas at San Antonio, she moved to Puerto Rico to pursue her Master’s in Spanish Translation.
After moving back to Houston, she hit the ground running to jump start her communications career. As an on-air personality at KPFT 90.1, creating content that is organic, genuine and thought-provoking is her priority. A storyteller from the very beginning, she started as a theater kid at age 10; and as she got older, maneuvered into a multitude of creative spaces. Her goal is to transition from radio into the tv and film industries to appear on-camera, write, direct, and produce.
Here are a few of the monumental accolades she has received:
- UTSA’s student-run college newspaper The Paisano and student-run radio station Rowdy Radio
- UTSA’s student chapter of the American Advertising Federation
- as a PR intern at the Esperanza Peace & Justice Center, a culturally-based non-profit organization
- a Project Manager and Social Media Associate for Nice Media Group, a print and digital media management firm.
- a Programmer at Houston’s local community radio station, KPFT 90.1 Black on Both Sides
- E-board personnel for Fashion Week San Antonio and African Fashion Week Houston